Subject: [Leica] fb vs rc
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 08:31:06 -0800

>A stack of Fiber prints are more impressive that a Stack of RC prints
>that's for
>sure. Holding a fiber print in your hand and looking at it is WAY better than
>holding the plastic RC sheet and looking at it. It feels better, handles
>better,
>it's surface is way better and it is obviously thick nice paper instead of a
>sheet of too shiney or texturized poly-U-name-it.
>Mark Rabiner

mark (and other lugnuts),

in my (relatively short) career as an amateur photographer, i've always
used fb papers (ilford mg iv) as this is what my teacher had me use, and i
was always satisfied with the results (guess that says something about my
[apparently lacking] adventurous side). lately i have been wondering about
trying some of the less plasticky rc papers. for example, ilford makes
several types of rc paper that don't necessarily have the look or feel of
the super-plastic-proofsheet-type paper - stuff with a semi-matt finish
dubbed 'pearl' or 'satin' or something like that.

how do you feel about those papers? have you printed with them? what have
you thought of the results you've gotten with them? does any one have a
favorite non-plastic feeling re paper?

guy