Subject: Re: [Leica] ...greetings....
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 07:43:27 +0200

Hi and welcome!

claire wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm new to this list, after enjoying benefits of e-friendships over at the
> other OM list, decided to look for the leica list to similarly learn &
> contribute.
>
> Seems the majority of U guys are M-users.

There are many reflex users and people like me, who have both the rangefinder
and the reflex Leicas.

> Can anyone tell me where is a good URL to seek out lens tests specifically
> on Leica R-lenses ?

Look at Erwin Puts's web site:

http://www.imx.nl/photosite/leica/leicahome.html

It is a goldmine of information on Leica lenses.

> Why is it that Leica released a ASPH35-70 instead of a APO or ASPH28-70zm ?
> Wouldn't the 28-70 be a 'more useful ' lens ? I'm sure every leica user
> would welcome such an eqpt.

My guess is that Leica felt that they would have to make too many optical
compromises in a 28-70 lens.

Kind regards,

Nathan

- --