Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 User @ London
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 08:09:03 +0200

Pablo,

I think you misunderstood what I meant. When I said "don't bother", I meant "I
don't bother yourself and your father with shopping in London as it is more
expensive than New York". I did NOT mean it as in "don't bother us on the LUG
with your question". I thought this was obvious but evidently not to you.

Anyway, for most new photographic gear the rule of thumb is that if an item
costs XXX USD in New York, the same item will cost XXX GBP in London, i.e.
50-60% more. The difference is less for Leica but still, with the current high
pound there is no advantage to buying there. It is a pity because there are
some wonderful shops in London.

Nathan

Pablo Kolodny wrote:

> Nathan Wajsman wrote:
>
> > Pablo,
> >
> > Don't bother. London is more expensive than New York.
> >
> > Nathan
>
> Bother ?
> I think I´m not bothering at all...should I know the London prices ?
> Shouldn´t  I ask about it ?
> Would you be so kind to make me know what should I ask ?
> And, thank you, I did not know that London was more than New York, but...by
> now
> I know thanks you.
>
> By the way, how much more expensive ? 10% 20% ...
>
> Bothering Further
>
> Pablo

- --
Nathan Wajsman