Subject: [Leica] ... 28-70 zoom...
From: "Jason Hall" <JASON@jbhall.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 00:53:06 +0100

Hi Claire

Focus the lens while zoomed in (max focal length) and make the most of the
extra magnification then zoom out to take the shot.  Its naturally more
dificult to focus a wide angle, but the focus is less critical due to the
greater depth of field, it only becomes an issue if you are using a zoom and
you then zoom in, as you've discovered.

Regarding your other post, zoom lenses are always going to be a compromise
in quality, speed and physical size against a prime lens, I'd take a prime
lens over a zoom anyday, particularly on a Leica.

It's not purely a RF list, I have an R4.

Regards

Jason Hall