Subject: Re: [Leica] Old Rolleiflex - what is the price range
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@nashville.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 13:59:52 -0600

>I am looking to buy some old Rolleiflex, just wonder if its image
>comparable with current models. And what is the price range for:
>
>1) f2.8 models
>2) f3.5 models (pre-war / after war / after 1960)
>
>Thanks,
>- philip

I suggest a nice 2.8E or F, Xenotar or Planar equally good I think.
You can buy a nice one for $400 - $700 or up to 1000 maybe for a very
late F with 220 capacity.
Have it CLA'd if its not been serviced recently.

These are probably the coolest cameras you'll ever use - incredibly
smooth, quiet, light, excellent lenses. They are the Leica of MF

The pictures are waaaay better than you'd ever expect for the price ( or
for any price)

Henry