Subject: [Leica] was:Availability 90 APO in US. Now Sandy loading
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 19:14:01 -0700

Sandy wrote:

<<<<<<I just received a notice about an upcoming "Leica Sale Day" (where the
>reps from Leica are in the local camera store for the day) and wondered
>whether
>anyone has been to one of these promotional events in his/her locale. If so,
>are the 90 APO's available from the reps, or do they simply take an order?
>
>Sandy
>
>-previous "obsessively/compulsively careful" film loader who, last weekend
>finally managed to garner the courage to successfully load the M6
>**one-handed** by following Ted's and Eric's advice to just throw in the
>film,
>advance, and "forgetaboutit."     IT WORKED!!!! :-)>>>>>>>>>

Hi Sandy,

I trust your good hubby will follow through with the 90 apo, even if you
have to wait until Christmas or the next birthday. :)

The Leica-rep sales are often quit good as they get an opportunity to move
gear at better prices.  Not sure if they'd have a 90, but you never know.
There aren't enough of them available for the orders to be filled the last
I heard.  No harm in asking! Just make sure your husband is standing right
thre in the event there is a 90 for sale, then he can very kindly say, "OK
dear this is my treat! I'll get it! " :):):)

<<<<>finally managed to garner the courage to successfully load the M6
>**one-handed** by following Ted's and Eric's advice to just throw in the
>film,
>advance, and "forgetaboutit."     IT WORKED!!!! >>>>>

Wonderful! That's the way, just do it without thinking about it, nor worrying.

All those little bitty instructions in the manual only become terribly
frustrating for first timer's who are overly careful. Can't blame them, by
the same token, one should do all this photography & camera stuff without
thinking, it works much better simply by feeling it!

Now the ultimate M6 loading test ....Do it with your eyes closed or in
complete darkness! Or without looking at the camera at all. When you do it
ten times in a row and it takes up and advances perfectly, you pass the

Do you know why you do it this way?   It allows you to re-load and watch
whats happening at the same time, so that when you are loaded you can go
right into the shooting again without loosing visual concentration on the
subject.

Congrats on the loading! :)
ted

Ted Grant