Subject: [Leica] Max b+w tonal range-suggestions?
From: 4season <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 23:33:48 -0600

I'm interested in Tmax 100 and 400 processing techniques which will
really help me to maximize the tonal range of my images, particularly if
they are Jobo-friendly. For now, I wish to avoid processing in open
trays and instead, maybe use very dilute developer and continuous rotary
agitation if I can. Due to the volumes needed, Xtol isn't going to be
practical, but I believe Tmax developer and Rodinal, to name two, will
work. Due to the sheer number of products out there, I'd like some help
in narrowing down my choices, lest I spend the next several years making
test negatives. I believe someone has previously mentioned Tmax at 1:15
or thereabouts-I'd like to know more about this-what sort of processing
times I might try, etc. I find 24 degree processing temperatures pretty
handy. Much lower than that, and it ain't gonna happen 'till autumn!

Jeff