Subject: [Leica] colour correcting scanned pictures
From: "Javier Perez" <japho@cunyvm.cuny.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 00:34:38 -0400

Hi All
I had a question and was hoping someone knows a shortcut
I'm planning to scan images of my obsolete stereo collection so I can
put them on my future website. I don't want to use a flash because it
forces me to use to use small an aperture and I need to fuzz out the
background.
Also, I hate the cold,  images that my flash produces as well as the
reflections
that seem to be there no matter what angle I point the flash from.
Using a blue light is just too much of a hassle with the bulbs blowing out
all the time.
I'm using an R with an R lens making this a legitimate Leica posting.
In any case I'de like to use Photoshop 4.0 to process the scans
in order to eliminate the yellow tones from the artificial light.
Is this easily do-able without loosing image quality or having to spend
hours
playing with the RGB settings? Does anyone know how??? (magic button maybe)
Thanks
Javier