Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: Re: the new 90/2 M
From: "Lee, Ken" <ken.lee@hbc.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 08:35:35 -0400

Dan,

I agree with you about supporting your local dealer. I started dealing with
ALT 5+ years ago via mail order because I lived in a small town. Since I
moved to the Toronto area they are now local and I buy everything face to
face and they have treated me well.  Until someone pointed it out to me (it
may have been you) I didn't even realize they were gray market. I have
received a strange mixture of warrantees over the last 5 years. 1 body and 1
lens came with a Leica US Passport, and 1 lens had the Kindermann warrantee.
Lately all are covered by ALT with a 2 year guarantee.

If I had realized up front they weren't an authorized dealer I might have
done things differently but I have bought 2 new bodies and 6 lenses from ALT
and get great service, so I am sticking with them. Hope I don't sound too
defensive :-).

Ken