Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:Newbie Leica questions...(a thicker plot)
From: "Bill Larsen" <ohlen@lightspeed.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 11:07:41 -0700

Mike, Paul and LUG

How is crow best served.  After I posted that the eyes and focusing were not
co-dependent and was corrected, I decided to try it for myself.  I put the
camera on a tripod and carefully focused on an object.  With "eyes" the
indicated distance was 10 feet.  Without eyes, the indicated distance was 5.5
feet.  Thus the eyes are necessary.  (Unfortunately the true object to film
plane distance was 8 feet).

I guess I'll smoke the crow and serve it with a side of humble pie.  Hopefully
the searchable archives will soon be updated past May.  I think that Marc
posted a method of calibrating the DR "eyes" a short time ago.

In supplication,
Bill Larsen