Subject: Re: [Leica] enlargers
From: Pablo Kolodny <salvajegrapa@interlink.com.ar>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 01:10:20 -0300

Harrison McClary wrote:

> Henry,
>
> When I worked at UPI we had side by side a Durst A300 and a Leitz V35.
> Every newspaper I ever worked at had a V35...I never liked it don't know
> why but just never liked the enlarger.  When UPI closed their Atlanta
> bureau the bureau chief told me to take the Leitz enlarger home with
> me...I asked if I could take the Durst instead...It is now in my darkroom
> and I love it.  Avery nice enlarger...probably a mistake now seeing what
> the V35's go for, but I like the way the Durst prints.

Heeeeey...!!

Up to a couple of weeks ago I was using a V35 with Vario head and a Durst
AC670 with Ilford filters below thw lens.
I did not like the V35...enlarging times much longer than the Durst head
using exactly the same 75w lamp, managing the V35 did not seem to work
likeany other Leica stuff, Durst did it!
I´ve always used Durst with Schneider Componon lenses and, IMO, are much
better than
Focotars...
In spite of the above, I´d like to manage a Focomat enlarger that capable to
handle 6x6 roll film...

Regards

Pablo