Subject: Re: [Leica] enlargers
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 21:55:12 -0500

Henry,

When I worked at UPI we had side by side a Durst A300 and a Leitz V35.
Every newspaper I ever worked at had a V35...I never liked it don't know
why but just never liked the enlarger.  When UPI closed their Atlanta
bureau the bureau chief told me to take the Leitz enlarger home with
me...I asked if I could take the Durst instead...It is now in my darkroom
and I love it.  Avery nice enlarger...probably a mistake now seeing what
the V35's go for, but I like the way the Durst prints.

On 8/23/99 5:01 PM Henry Ambrose wrote:

>I'm sure that many of you out there on the LUG can help with this.
>
>Please tell me about the various Leitz/Leica enlargers and lenses. I used
>to use a friend's Focomat and really liked it.
>
>I'm kinda thinking about buying an enlarger. Probably an older one.
>
>What are the favorite Leitz/Leica enlargers?
>
>Which lenses?

Best regards,
Harrison McClary
email: harrison@mcclary.net