Subject: Re: [Leica] Oktoberfest -- 4 weeks away (really off topic!)
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 14:44:38 -0400

Simon-
Germany, I have heard, and been told by sevral German friends, is like the
US when it comes to regional accents! The Ruhr Valley and Industrial NE like
around Koeln speak a much different 'language' than you might find in
Bavaria or Salzberg! I learned what German I did from Der Deutsche Welle on
the radio, and my Friend Dr. Laizner, from Austria, said that that accent
was considered pretentious and 'Hoity-Toity' in the south! Of course this
was 20 or so years ago, and maybe the rapid expansion of communication
technology has changed this. I know now that we have Damned Yankees down her
that almost sound Southern!
The difference, by the way, between a Yankee, and a Damned Yankee, is that a
Yankee may come south and run his mouth, but he leaves... A Damned Yankee
comes down here- and stays, then starts tellin' ever'body how things should
be done!!
Dan
- - I like calling North Carolina, Home!