Subject: [Leica] Spring Brewing (Was Oktoberfest)
From: Bill Caldwell <sneeker@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 13:33:56 -0400

SNIP --

Dan Post wrote:

We have a local brewery, with a German trained Braumeister, and the Red
Oak Amber they put out is as good a beer as any you'll find! None of
this watery drivel! This stuff is cloudy with yeast and hops, has a
distinct malt and hops flavor and a really nice finish. I don't drink a
lot, but I don't mind telling you, This stuff is good enough to get
sloshed it!
Oak! My treat!

SNIP --

Dan,

You are not telling all.  In March 1994, I photographed the Spring
Garden Brewing Company with my R5 and f/2.8 28mm (late afternoon, I
believe from the west shooting east).  Beside Red Oak Lager, Spring
Garden Brewing offered Blackbeard Bock, Humming Bird Ale, and
Battlefield Black, a premium lager.

We are staying at the Bell Tower Inn, a B&B in Campobello, SC, in a few
weeks (photo opportunity for the f/2.8 28-R PC).  The Bell Tower Inn is
owned by two friends of ours, who are retired Navy.  If time permits and
why shouldn't it, perhaps we can met for lunch (Mary and I) and have a
brew -- that is if you are available.

Best of Light Today --

Bill Caldwell
Northern Virginia