Subject: Re: Antw: [Leica] Wild fox kit taken with 105-280 on web page
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 18:29:17 -0300

Pascal:

The 105-280 is much lighter than the APO lenses I was referring to.  I had
said in an earlier post that it was lighter than the 280 APO 2.8, and the
180 APO Summicron.  It also had the benefits of the zoom.  The prime APO
teles are so good that I still am impressed any time I see results from the
400 APO Telyt.  The colours are just so much more saturated than anything
else I have used.  The 180 APO Summicron is on par with the 400 in the
color saturation and sharpness as well, but I think this is easier to
achieve in a shorter focal length.  I have not used the 280 APO enough to
talk intelligently about it, but my results so far are impressive.  Erwins
report on the 70-180 APO says it is quite an impressive lens.  I wonder how
it stacks up against a 180 APO Summicron.  Erwin needs to take a visit to
his chiropractor first to get limbered up and then do a test on Leicas big
glass.

The pictures taken at a girls soccer game were taken with a combination of
the 280 2.8 APO and the 180 APO Summicron.  On the top of this page, the
left one was with the 280, the right one with the 180.

http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/photography/girls-soccer.htm

I went back to the fox den this morning and had no luck seeing them.  I may
have to try earlier in the morning and bring a companion to help me with
the blind and then walk away leaving me there for an hour or so.  When your
helper walks away, the animals usually think everybody is gone.  Most
people who use blinds assume that animals and birds can't count the people
leaving.

Regards,

Robert

Regards,