Subject: [Leica] The Perfect Outfit
From: Jay Coleman <jcoleman@interport.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 03:17:51 -0400

Mark:

Film, paper, chemistry:  I generally use Tri-X for B&W and Kodachrome
200 for color.  I also use Velvia, 100S, 100SW, NPG, NPH, 400TCN and
various other films that come my way.  I am currently checking out the
new Fuji 100/1000, which I like a lot, the new Kodak 100VS and XP-2
Super.  There are so many films on the market and so many constantly
coming out that it is hard to pick one film.  Also, each film is
slightly different and has different uses.  For example, Velvia is great
for a lot of landscapes, but not so hot for portraits.  Conversely,
Kodachrome is great for portraits and a lot of other things but may lack
the saturation for some scenes.

I do not do mine own processing so my current knowledge of chemistry and
paper is not great.  I am having soem B&W prints made, though, and have
looked at various papers.  Again, different papers are appropriate for
different subjects.  It's hard to discuss in the abstract.

Regards,

Jay