Subject: Re: [Leica] M tele-converter
From: Dave Richards <dprichards@uswest.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 17:15:11 -0600

This becomes problematic, since the lens informs the body which frame lines
to throw up based upon the lens' focal length.  A teleconverter would
necessarily be universal, that is, usable by various focal length lenses
and, thus, unable to communicate focal length info to the body.  Plus,
since the M uses rangefinder, not reflex viewing, a tele-converter used
with long lenses, which is the only application where a teleconverter has
any real value, would result in a framing area so small as to be even less
approximate, and therefore less valuable, than it is already.