Subject: Re: [Leica] R24
From: "Bud Cook" <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 12:43:07 -0500

The lens (per Laney) cannot be used on the SL or the original Leicaflex.  I
believe it's because the mirror won't clear the rear of the lens.  The SL-2
has a slightly modified mirror to permit lenses such as the 24 to be used.

The 28mm Elmarit-R will work on the SL and I personally find it to be an
outstanding lens (even the first version).  I do find it harder to focus
this lens on my SL than on my SL-2 because it has so much depth of focus the
split image rangefinder of the SL-2 makes it easier to find the correct
focus.

Bud Cook