Subject: RE: [Leica] Lieca & Minolta - A perfect marriage
From: "Greg.Chappell" <Greg.Chappell@bankofamerica.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 09:34:16 -0500

Having used SLR's up until the last couple of years, I have to agree with
B's assessment at the bottom. When I started looking for my first
Pro-Caliber camera, Minolta was never even in the thought pattern as to what
to buy. Two names came to mind: Nikon & Canon. Leica was there, but was
totally unaffordable for me. I have always thought it would be fun to own an
SL or SL2 with a couple of lenses & I may still one day, but I would never
consider any Leica SLR after the SL2. It's too bad Leica did not, or was not
able to establish a working relationship with Nikon or Canon from the
beginning, both from a technology AND marketing position.

That being said, I now use my "M" bodies for 95% of my photography.

Greg