Subject: Re: [Leica] SLR choice
From: BenTroGa@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 12:51:14 EDT

Dan - I have taken about 100,000 photos thru the lens of my SL-Mot since 1973
and have never been let down by this workhorse.  Those early manual R's were
(and are) serious workhorses.  From the jungles of Guatemala to the Jungles
of the NFL, abuse is absorbed with seeming glee by that camera.

I do have an R8, and there is a certain joy in listening to the automatic
exposre measure and grasp a 18 or 20 second exposure of a darkened scene.  I
was amazed by the ability of this camera to handle jobs such as that.

Each has its place, and I love 'em both.

(My M's have their place, too).

Bennett