Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodak T400CN vs. Kodak B&W+400
From: "J Beal" <jbeal@bendnet.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 21:53:07 -0700

Dear Eric and LUG'gers,
    I've been shooting the B&W 400 exclusively since receiving 3 rolls from
the Kodak Viewfinder Forum earlier this year.  Wonderful film for quick b&w
work and the aforementioned Wal-Mart availability is a plus in rural areas.
I've been trying to develop my "mental light meter" in conjunction with my
M4-P, and the film's exposure latitude affords a measure of grace.
   Because I don't have a darkroom and the nearest b&w lab is 21 miles away,
the ease of developing is beyond words and has allowed me to improve my b&w
portraiture skills far beyond my previous attempts with "real" b&w film.
Three cheers to Kodak for creating a film series to make b&w convenient and
affordable!
   As a off-topic aside, I recently took my M4-P in the Mt. Jefferson
Wilderness for a multi-day hike.  I was nervous taking my baby into an area
where I had usually hauled my Nikon F's.  The Leica impressed me with how
well it packed and held up to harsh environments.  (My only regret is not
having a 35mm lens for some of the landscapes).  The Leica is every bit the
equal of Nikon!

John Beal II