Subject: Re: [Leica] SLR choice
From: Dave Yoder <leica@home.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 20:24:26 -0700

Hey there Jay,

I thought the reliability problems were pretty much resolved with the
introduction of the R5 and I was wondering if you or anyone knew of
evidence or conventional wisdom otherwise.

I recently got an R5 as a back up to my R6.2 and R8, and since then it's
become my body of choice, partly because the shutter release seems to be
the fastest of the R4-7's.

Just curious, really, but I'd like to know if there have been widespread
problems. It's natural that the R7 should be more reliable than the R5, but
I'd like to know if there were problems anything like on the scale of the
R4's.

Thanks,

Dave Y