Subject: [Leica] Comment on Konica Hexar
From: "Deborah Dion" <dkdion@home.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 08:04:41 -0400

Response to the post on the Konica Hexar to Sean McTigue. I tried my
husband's Konica Hexar before I bought my M6. It is very limited; it has a
fixed 35mm lens (very good though) and the max shutter speed is 250. I took
it to New York for the day and shot a 36 exposure roll of b&w. I was not
happy with the results at all. My husband says its hard to use. It sits in
the closet most of the time. He uses a Nikon F100 (he too has trouble
focusing with manual focus cameras). Konica is rumored to be coming out with
a new Hexar with interchangeable lenses and I think I heard it'll be able to
use M lenses (although I could not remember that one correctly). Anyone
know?
There's a huge number of autofocus cameras out there; our daughters use the
Olympus Stylus along with their manual focus Nikons. Contax G2 uses Carl
Zeiss lenses and is a good autofocus.
Hope this helps.