Subject: [Leica] Re: Yashica T4 Super
From: Andrew Nemeth <azn@nemeng.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 99 09:19:06 +1000

Andre Jean Quintal <megamax@abacom.com> wrote:

> How does a Leica Z2x compare ?

I don't know about the Z2x, but I occasionally use the earlier
Leica Mini Zoom.  AFAIK, uses the same Vario Elmar 35-80 f/4.0-7.6
zoom lens, but has active infra-red focusing instead of the Z2x's
passive autofocus.

Aside from its 'auto-everything' nature, and that it doesn't
remember the mode you set it to when you switch it off, the image
quality is really very good, especially with C41 neg film (don't
regard its autoexposure accurate enough for use with slide film
though).

Tape up the red dot and no-one can tell it isn't just another P&S.
Handy for discreet candid shooting, especially in crowds.

Mind you, it is just one of many different cameras I use: different
tools for different circumstances.

Regds,

Andrew Nemeth
nemeng.com