Subject: [Leica] Minolta made R9
From: Andre Jean Quintal <megamax@abacom.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 18:56:40 -0400

	This week, someone on the LUG suggested Leica engineers
	get together with Minolta to churn out the next Leica R9 ASAP.

	This morning, I spent an hour eyeing Minolta's website,
	considering which Minolta SLR could become interesting
	with a Leica brand and Leica grade autofocus optics...
	I became quite aroused by the Minolta Maxxum 800si
	for competitive value, coupled with a series of Leica AF lenses
	derived from their current ' R ' or ' M ' optics ...

	It's that thing they call a Minolta Maxxum ' 9 ' that
	did ring bells. Last time I had a Minolta 'buzz', it was
	called ' 7 '. Strange how they don't "push" their lenses
	on their website.

	Any comments from people with Minolta experiences ?

	[ PS: I was v-e-r-y impressed
	with their Vectis / APS daring designs but definitely
	wish they'd double up with similar 35mm models: loosing
	1/3 negative area to APS is NOT a very hot idea
	where I'm concerned.]

	Andre Jean Quintal