Subject: Re: [Leica] "Chaos"...
From: Jiri_Dvorak@idx.com
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 13:13:02 -0700

>From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
>Koudelka's my very favorite and I didn't know he was doing panaramics.
>Any clue as to what his deal is on this? Technique? Subject matter?
>Am getting big on panaramics.
>Mark Rabiner

Mark,

he's my favorite, too. He has being doing panoramic work for last several
years. One of the more known works is the book "Black Triangle", photos of
industrially devastated landscape in Czech Republic, the legacy of the
former communist regime.  He also did some stills for the Greek filmmaker
(forgot his name) who did "Ulysses". I've seen one photo: a huge statue of
Lenin on a barge floating down Danube river. I also saw few photos he did
in Beirut.

When he was here in Seattle for Magnum show few years back, he mentioned
that he had to take some assignments now and then since the cost of the
film was much higher than for the 35mm.

As for his technique, I don't know what equipment he is using.

It's ironic that he is apparently not much known in Czech Republic. When my
brother was looking for his books over there in bookstores for me, he got
some blank looks, "Koudelka? Who's that?".

Jiri Dvorak