Subject: Re: [Leica] Another Leica vs medium format debate
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 11:00:22 -0400

Tina-
As someone who admires anyone making a 'living' doing photography, I admire
your candor! Quite a few of us tend to forget the folks like you, Ted, Jim
Brick, and Harrison- to name just the ones I can remember off the top of my
hairless head, not only love photography, but depend on the results of your
endeavors to pay the bills, that pretensions about equipment are not so
important when you get right down to it.
It's refreshing to see not only your wonderful photos, but to know that you
are a pragmatic and sensible 'business person?'?
I would bet, however, that given a Rollei, and a few rolss of film, that you
might surprise yourself at how well you vison might translate! One of our
'breakfast group' that meets weekly is a lady whose eye, trained in
commercial communication art, and whose 'Eye' is the the envy of at least ,
me!
I can turn out a competent photograph, in the technical sense, but it is the
eye of the photographer that makes the shot. I hope that at the age of 53, I
can learn something about getting the 'Eye' before I'm too old to tote the
Leica!
You have a magnificent eye for that evocative shot, and even if you were
stuck in the hinterlands with a pinhole camera, I am sure that you would
come up with something worth looking at!
Heck- I would love it if you did finagle a 4x5 and did something with it-
I'd love to see the results!
Dan
- - It ain't the size of your boat- it's the motion of the ocean!