Subject: Re: [Leica] Screw to M adapters
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horsts@actek.com.au>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 11:03:06 +1000

- --------------FE5BF412F476E7D47C26F857

Jim Laurel wrote:

> With all this talk about screw mount lenses, I've started thinking about
> looking for some older Leica lenses again.
>
> -- Are specific adapters required for each lens, or does each adapter work
> with a certain group of lenses?
>
> -- I keep watching the KEH catalog, but rarely see adapters for sale.  Can
> anyone recommend a good source for them?
>
> -- I've seen references to non-Leica adapters here on the LUG.  Is there any
> substantive difference between the Leica (OEM) and the third party adapters?
>
> --Jim Laurel
> Redmond, WA, USA

  Jim. You'll find plenty of original ,secondhand, leica screw to bayonet
adapters if you look on the Internet at companies like Tamarkin etc. Also if you
just search for "Leica" on the search engine.

The problem is:  They are unreasonable expensive. On the average about US$ 65.-
and since they are all secondhand, sometimes they are bend, and hard to mount.

The non Leitz adapters are as good, but a lot cheaper.  Have a look at Stephen
Gandy's
Home Page. He sells them too.

 Stephen Gandy's Home Page

- --------------FE5BF412F476E7D47C26F857

<HTML>
&nbsp;

<P>Jim Laurel wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>With all this talk about screw mount lenses, I've
started thinking about
<BR>looking for some older Leica lenses again.

<P>-- Are specific adapters required for each lens, or does each adapter
work
<BR>with a certain group of lenses?

<P>-- I keep watching the KEH catalog, but rarely see adapters for sale.&nbsp;
Can
<BR>anyone recommend a good source for them?

<P>-- I've seen references to non-Leica adapters here on the LUG.&nbsp;
Is there any
<BR>substantive difference between the Leica (OEM) and the third party
adapters?

<P>--Jim Laurel
<BR>Redmond, WA, USA</BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp; Jim. You'll find plenty of original ,secondhand, leica screw to
bayonet adapters if you look on the Internet at companies like Tamarkin
etc. Also if you just search for "Leica" on the search engine.

<P>The problem is:&nbsp; They are unreasonable expensive. On the average
about US$ 65.-
<BR>and since they are all secondhand, sometimes they are bend, and hard
to mount.

<P>The non Leitz adapters are as good, but a lot cheaper.&nbsp; Have a
look at Stephen Gandy's
<BR>Home Page. He sells them too.

<P>&nbsp;<A HREF="www.cameraquest.com">Stephen Gandy's Home Page</A></HTML>

- --------------FE5BF412F476E7D47C26F857--