Subject: RE: [Leica] NEW Leica screw,,Really?
From: "Dan S" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 20:15:40 GMT

I think you reversed my argument.  I know it is possible to use screw mount
lenses on the newer cameras, I do so myself.  It is another matter to go the
other way...A lens is designed to focus to infinity at a particular distance
fromt film plane.  You can always use spacers to move the lens out a bit, as
in the case of the LTM/M converter, but to go the other way would mean
moving the lens elements CLOSER to the film plane.  This would mean
re-designing the lens body to move the elements closer.

thanks,
dan