Subject: Re: [Leica] NEW Leica USA screw mount lenses!
From: Patrick Giagnocavo <a222@redrose.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 16:15:23 +0000

Photovilla@aol.com wrote:

> If this was already announced, please disreguard my message:
>
> Leica is introducing three new SCREW MOUNT lenses. These are screw mount
> versions of the M lenses in silver: (they say by late August)

This is wonderful news for Leica!  That is what they are best at,
producing wonderful lenses. My guess is that they make more money on
the lenses than on the bodies, so this should help their business
too.

> These will be made primarily for Japan, but we should be able to get some
> according to Leica. Predictibly they will be in limited supply. Leica says
> this is in response to popularity of the "Bessa L" by Voigtlander, and
> Minolta and Konica's SM lenses. Wow! Maybe we are seeing the begining of a
> "new" Leica here?

And if they make screw mount, then maybe they can make lenses for
other camera mounts too.

If they made a Contax/Yashica mount version of their R lenses Zeiss
would lose a lot of business, for instance.

./patrick