Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Tow Vehicles & My Retirement Lens
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 13:11:47 -0300

Jim:

I tow a 5,500 pound boat and trailer combination ( Etchells) with a GMC
Yukon, which is basically a Suburban chassis shortened.  It has a 6.5 litre
turbo diesel and I can tow in overdrive at about 120km (75mph) and go up
all but steep grades without even dropping out of OD.  I have towed this
trailer with dodge full size pickups and Ford Explores, and nothing
compares to the ease with which the Yukon hauls it.  It can tow it quite
fast too, as sometimes we get up in the 140 KPH range.  I got a speeding
ticket in North Carolina towing the boat at 83mph.  The big trucks are also
stable.  No white knuckle driving while in strong cross winds.  The smaller
1/4 ton trucks like the Explores, Range Rovers, and Jeeps just don't cut it
when the conditions get worse than ideal.

Regards,

Robert