Subject: Re: [Leica] Rover's As Tow Vehicles & My Retirement Lens
From: Kent Jon Peters <KPETERS@huntel.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 08:52:56 -0700

Bud Cook wrote:

> Newer Airstreams weigh much more than the older ones because they now have
> wood cabinets, Corian sinks, etc.  I believe a new 31' Airstream weighs
> about 6,500 dry.  My old one weighed 4,900.
>
> You need a 3/4 ton vehicle with at least 400 cid engine to pull these
> trailers (except for flat land situations).  You also need a vehicle that
> will take 650 lb. hitch weights.
>
> Anyway, by the time I find a tow vehicle for a new trailer I'll be too old
> to use it.  I'll be sitting in a condo somewhere taking pictures of the
> girls on the beach with a 560 f/6.8 Telyt:-)
>
> Bud
Our 22' weighs in around 3000# and it is perfect for our Rover.  I have
even made the rear bath into a type of 'portable' darkroom before.  Now,
with the laptop, and the photo 1200 onboard, we can print as we go.  We
leave the Airstream stocked up with everything we need as our getaway
vehicle.  Just add kids and the Leicas and we're ready to go!  Nice
thing about the older ones too (just like Leica!) is that they either
hold their value or go up!  My trailer is worth as much now as when I
bought it, and that's UNUSUAL for a RV!  Anyways, hang on to all of your
old Leica gear and Airstreams!!  Retire in style!  Kpeters