Subject: Re: [Leica] Print Development Time
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 10:12:55 -0400

Alan-
B&W, of course!
True regarding coldlight heads, but I use the tungsten or halogen lights, so
I can't say for sure.
I've never noticed a significant change in the aging of the bulb of my home
enlarger.( whereas, as a bulb ages in a color printer, commercial that is,
you gradually get longer print times and use less and less yellow
filtration!- that's why we change the bulb about every six months or so
whether it fails or not!)
As far as temperature goes, the two minute time, with gentle rocking of the
tray for agitation, at 68 degrees F. has the same affect as 2 minutes at 80
degrees. I would only be concerned with fog at these high temps.
So far, things have worked out pretty good!
Dan