Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: If Porsche Can Do It, Why Not Leica?
From: Jim Laurel <jplaurel@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 11:05:52 -0700

Simple, you just use what I think Thule calls "high foot" gutter clamps.
They make one that clears the Disco's rear hump.  BTW, the roof hump is
there so the rear seats could be raised, stadium style.  Adults sit up nice
and high back there, and little children get a super view out of all the
windows.  The second, rear sunroof completes the effect.  We always like to
say that you don't ride "IN" a Land Rover, so much as "ON" it.  ;-)

The Series II is a great improvement to the venerable Series I Discovery.
I've heard great things from everyone about the new Active Cornering
Enhancement system.  Last time I was in London, I spoke with the folks who
did the New Discovery Trek round the world, and they had nothing but praise
for the new vehicle.