Subject: [Leica] 35mm Summicron-M Canadian vs German Version
From: s.barrett@usa.net
Date: 9 Aug 99 09:03:26 MDT

Does anyone know if the later German made pre-ASPH Summicron-M was fixed of
the earlier Canadian version's propensity to come apart? I had two of the
Canadian ones and both had the problem of the front part of the lens coming
unscrewed from the rear. I think I heard the German version was more solid and
wondered if anyone has had the problem with the German version? Is the ASPH
Summicron-M constructed more solidly? Does anyone have any thoghts on the
picture quality of the ASPH Summicron vs the Summicron 35mm before it? I've
read the reviews but wonder about real world results from users. Thanks!!!
Please respond to email: s.barrett@usa.net