Subject: [Leica] RE: Re: Darkroom to Digital and unrelated matters
From: "Rob Studdert" <audiob@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 14:40:30 +1000

On 8 Aug 99, at 13:01, B. D. Colen wrote:

> The question is "Will they be converted"? I suspect than
> many fine images will be lost.
>
> Ken Wilcox
> ------------------
> Ken Wilcox					Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
> LAW LHSA MEA			  		                <wilcox@gusta.net>
>
> They won't be lost if they are shot on film and then scanned to digital.
> Just file the negs as you would normally....also, if one cares about one's
> images, one will move them over to the new media as the media change.
>
> B. D.

B.D. my thoughts exactly, and in other words, the longevity of digital
information or photo film depends upon the appropriate
handling/maintenance/storage of the media or data. Digital information also
has the added advantage that it may be stored in various locations and in
alternate media without incurring inter-generation loss after the initial data
acquisition.

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA