Subject: Re: [Leica] Strap and bag for Gitzo 1228 ?
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 1999 10:45:23 -0700

Roy Zartarian wrote:

> Consider a padded shotgun sling. I use one that loops at both ends so
> that mounting hardware on either the tripod or the shotgun is not
> necessary.
>
> Roy
>
> On  8 Aug 99 at 9:31, phong wrote:
>
> > I am looking for recommendations for a shoulder strap
> > to carry my tripod (without tripod bag).
> > Also, there are times when I'd like to use a well-padded
> > bag to carry the G1228 + Arca-Swiss B1.
> > Nothing fancy, the plainer and less expensive, the better,
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > -Phong

I just checked and I have a Tamrac bag for cheep. The quality strap I got for it
I recall costing half as much as the bag. It has a few nice side pockets and I
recall them coming in incremental sizes which is good because I have incremental tripods.
The Gitzo bags cost a lot are extremely well made and are red. And they say
Gitzo on them. Fancy. I'd love to get one someday though. TThe Gitzo DOESN'T
look as much like a shotgun sling so there is less stress walking into a
MacDonald's or post office.
Mark Rabiner