Subject: Re: [Leica] If Porsche Can Do It, Why Not Leica?
From: "Bill Larsen" <ohlen@lightspeed.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 16:14:53 -0700

Harrison writes:

>WOW...Mark has been on the left coast so long he has forgotten how to
>read.....

NO, NO, it is a cultural thing on the correct coast.  Ford has been
traditionally considered the "breakfast of champions" on the correct coast.
In the old days, if you could not afford a Chevy truck, you bought a Ford.
This has changed.  Now the "in" truck for the people demographically
considered as "Hick Chic" (sic) is a Dodge truck (which to our European
Luggers is a new and improved Mercedes).  "Hick Chic" is a term coined in
_American Demogaphics_ which describes a person living in a rural area,
driving a pick-up, with a portable computer and cell phone in the truck (and
of course with a Leica in what was the beer cooler) and earning about $50 K
per year.  The correct coast's idea of heaven.

>On 8/6/99 2:32 PM Mark Rabiner wrote:
>

>>You hated your Mother so bad you bought a Ford pick-up?
>>Mark :-) Rabiner

Regards, Bill Larsen, demographer extraordinary and photographer mediocre.