Subject: [Leica] Photo mag (F) Boubat special ed
From: Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 10:41:04 +0000

Not being a regular reader of the French 'PHOTO' I still screen it at the
newsstand if I see it there, and yesterday I was lucky. I got my hands on
their Special Edouard Boubat Edition. (Boubat died on 30 June this year). A
very nice 68-page magazine with only one page of advertising (Delta 3200),
and still lower priced that their regular issues. Most pictures were made
using a Leica (and there are a lot of pictures of Leicas too in the auto
portrait section!).

You MUST get a copy if you are into b+.w. And then please explain to me how
it comes Boubat keeps what seems to be the finger pressing the release on
the wrong side of the top plate in the photos where the camera is held
vertically. I do understand that left and right are the wrong way round in
mirror pictures,  but that is not the point here, after all the guy is not
standing on his head, at least not in the picture on page 47!

If you want to order:

Hors serie Edourd Bouba  Photo No. H2 juillet-aout 1999  (Don' forget the
H2, otherwise you may get the regular issue.)

- --
christer almqvist
eichenstrasse 57, d-20255 hamburg, fon +49-40-407111 fax +49-40-4908440
14 rue de la hauteur, f-50590 regnéville-sur-mer, fon+fax +33-233 45 35 58