Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Darkroom to digital
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 11:01:17 EDT

In a message dated 8/3/99 10:12:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
cmbrow@mail.wm.edu writes:

<< I'm using a homebrew system: Celeron 333 overclocked to 502 mHz, 128mb
RAM,
 4.5 gig. hard-drive, dual monitors (use a 17" Trinitron w/ Matrox
 Millennium PCI card for image editing).  I place all the pallets, etc. on a
 17" Viewsonic.

 I'd like another 128mb RAM and a few more gig.  I constantly move finished
 images onto a CD to clear up space for editing, otherwise PS5 let's me know
 that it's unhappy. >>

You all sound like you know your way around these things, so I have a
question perhaps you all can answer:  I have Photoshop 5.0 installed and
working well on two different PC's.  One is a 350Mhz Celeron and 64 meg RAM,
with a generic "Gold Star" 15" monitor.  The other is a Pentium 233Mhz with
256 meg RAM and a Sony Trinitron Multiscan 100ES 15" monitor.  Both systems
are running Windows 98.  The system with the *SONY* monitor will not run
Adobe Gamma, the monitor calibration setup utility (a window pops up that
says "this program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut
down").  The HP with plain-Jane monitor runs the Gamma utility just fine.
Any clues much appreciated.

DT