Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Darkroom to digital
From: Byron Wijayawardena <Byron.Wijayawardena@brunel.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 12:54:48 +0000

> From the various posts I have a good idea of the
>scanners and printers to look at, but can anybody post some advice about a
>minimum specification PC for doing the work.
><<<
>
>I'm using an early 233MHz G3 Mac with 96 MB RAM and a 2 Gigabyte hard
>drive.  At times Photoshop complains the drive space is too small.  I've
>also used the Photo Deluxe software that was supplied with the printer on a
>166 MHz Pentium (32MB RAM).  This was painfully slow.
>
>Doug Herr
>Sacramento
>http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/telyt

Doug,

Have to tried increasing the memory allocation to Photoshop and closing all
other applications.
Just in case you're not too sure how to:
To increase memory allocation to Photoshop
- - make sure no applications are running (except Finder obviously)
- - select the Photoshop application by clicking on it once
- - File- Get Info - Memory/ Set Minimum size to Suggested size/ Set
preferred size to 25000-30000 (or however much memory you can spare)
- - Return.

Then open Photoshop application.

If you then click on the desktop and goto "About my Computer" you will see
how much memory Photoshop and your system is taking up of your overall
memory.

Also in the Control panels-Memory-Turn Virtual memory off.

Regards

Byron.