Subject: Re: [Leica] R4 or M?
From: Ericplatt@aol.com
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 12:10:51 EDT

I used an R3 for a couple of years.  I found it cheap, and it was my entry
into Leicadom.  That camera system was the cornerstone for the trade to the
M4P.  I find the R system really nice (I had a 50/2 and a 80-200/4.5
[earliest Japanese style]), but just wanted an M.  It's odd, because the
photography I usually do is more designed for the R system, but I prefer the
M.  Not only are my photos better, but I also like the portability of the
system.  I can carry it in my backpack to and from work and always have the
camera ready.  Something I didn't do with my SLR.

Eric Platt
St. Paul, MN