Subject: Re: [Leica] Texas Leica
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 17:33 +0100 (BST)

Mark Rabiner writes:

> I would love to have one too! But a different picture taking experience
> than a
> 35mm Leica M.
> Less quick. A different feeling having 15 or 16 on a roll than 36. A
> more
> thoughful approach.

Not that different. If you use 220 film, the Fuji 645 gives you 30 on a
roll.

The slightly odd thing about the Fuji 645 models, is that with the camera
in 'horizontal' format, the frame is in vertical format, which can take a
little bit of getting used to.

But I'm happy with my GS645S, it cost buttons, and has been very
reliable, considering the rough treatment it gets (it's been my 'take
everywhere' camera for a while). The lens is *very* contrasty, which might
not suit some tastes. Flash sync at all speeds is a boon too.

David Morton
dmorton@journalist.co.uk