Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: Special Edition M6s
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 16:05:21 -0700

On 29 Jul 99, Walter S Delesandri wrote, at least in part:

> don't apologize , Dan....the True Collectors are a pain in the ass to
> everybody.... you haven't lived 'till you work for a Leica Dealer in sales
> or repair.....God saved me from collectors.....in l981 I left the field,
> never to return!! :) :)

Nuts! One of the most knowledgable and astute collectors was a
personal friend back in the Philadelphia area. He had a
photographic memory and had commited to it every fact that was
know to man about every model of Leica cameras, lenses, and
accessories. His collection was virtually complete and his
collecting had resolved itself to trying to locate better examples of
what he already had.

What I'm driving at is that he was one of the most gentle and
influential men I've had the privilege of knowing. I submit that he
was, indeed, a true collector and was far from a pain in the ass to
anybody, let alone everybody.

All this in the past tense, because, sadly, he died a few years ago.
Pain in the asses, I don't mourn, but I do mourn the loss of
Francis Burke.

- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org