Subject: [Leica] Re:Using polarizers w/Macro Elmarit
From: Andrew Nemeth <azn@nemeng.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 99 08:57:05 +1000

"Anderson, Ferrel E" <AndersonF@ria.army.mil> wrote:

> If you want to use E55 filters on the Macro Elmarit, use
> the E60 to E55 step down ring, which is available from Tiffen

I have one of these, bought from B+H:

<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/photo/acc/stepping/stepdown.html>

60mm to 55mm "Generic Brand" GBSDR6055 $US 14.95
60mm to 55mm "Tiffen"        TISDR6055 $US 19.95

> I don't know if the 60 to 55 solution results in vignetting,
> but this has to be checked out

No vignetting with the APO 100mm R.

>Your choice might be influenced by other factors, such as to
>whether your other lenses use E55 or E60 filters?

Precisely why I got the step-down ring.  Now I have a
standard set of high-quality E55 filters for all my R lenses.

Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com> added:

>There is nothing wrong with the E60 filter size. B+W, Heliopan, & Leica
>cover most everything in E60 and most large Leica dealers stock a good
>supply. I've never ever had a problem getting a particular E60 filter.

Definitely *not* the case in Australia.  :?(

60mm filters are almost impossible to get here, and on the
rare occassions when you can find one, they are so expensive
(ie. > $AUS 250) that they aren't worth it.

Regds,

Andrew Nemeth
nemeng.com