Subject: Re: [Leica] A4, etc
From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 11:04:39 +0400

- --------------F9B80D02E887122A2C9E37EE

But the collectors will die, so that should keep the price
reasonable....

Bernard.

Buzz Hausner wrote:

>  At its worst, the bubonic plague is estimated to have killed about
> three fourths of the population of Europe.  If another plague claimed
> the same proportion, I would expect that it wouldn't reduce the price
> of new Leica gear, in fact, because of labour shortages, the cost of
> new gear would rise.  However, the lower demand might force a steep
> reduction in the cost of used Leica equipment to those unfortunate
> enough to survive.    Buzz Hausner

<HTML>
But the collectors will die, so that should keep the price reasonable....

<P>Bernard.

<P>Buzz Hausner wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>&nbsp;<SPAN class=590412516-28071999><FONT FACE="Book Antiqua"><FONT COLOR="#0000FF"><FONT SIZE=+0>At
its worst, the bubonic plague is estimated to have killed about three fourths
of the population of Europe.&nbsp; If another plague claimed the same proportion,
I would expect that it wouldn't reduce the price of new Leica gear, in
fact, because of labour shortages, the cost of new gear would rise.&nbsp;
However, the lower demand might force a steep reduction in the cost of
used Leica equipment to those unfortunate enough to survive.</FONT></FONT></FONT></SPAN><SPAN class=590412516-28071999></SPAN><SPAN class=590412516-28071999><FONT FACE="Book Antiqua"><FONT COLOR="#0000FF"><FONT SIZE=+0>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Buzz Hausner</FONT></FONT></FONT></SPAN>
<BLOCKQUOTE>
<DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader><FONT FACE="Times New Roman"><FONT SIZE=-1>-----Original
Message-----</FONT></FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE="Times New Roman"><FONT SIZE=-1><B>From:</B> Bernard [<A HREF="mailto:5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru">mailto:5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru</A>]</FONT></FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE="Times New Roman"><FONT SIZE=-1><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday,
July 28, 1999 11:21 AM</FONT></FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE="Times New Roman"><FONT SIZE=-1><B>To:</B> leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us</FONT></FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE="Times New Roman"><FONT SIZE=-1><B>Subject:</B> Re: [Leica]
A4, etc</FONT></FONT></DIV>
Buzz Hausner wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE = CITE><FONT SIZE=-1>For those who still use a measuring
system coming from the Middle</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=-1>Age :-), an inch is about 25,4 mm.</FONT>

<P><FONT SIZE=-1>Oh, come now!&nbsp; The metric system is responsible more
than anything for the decline of civilization since the Napoleonic Era.&nbsp;
If we resurrect the firkin, rood, and fortnight and dump those silly metric
measures peace and prosperity would spread across the world and every photographer
could afford Leica lenses!</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE>
Of course that might solve the problem of war and conflict, but who knows....
The Plague could hit us again!

<P>Bernard.
<BR>&nbsp;</BLOCKQUOTE>
</BLOCKQUOTE>