Subject: Re: [Leica] A4, etc
From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 19:20:43 +0400

- --------------B51FE0382A80FF3A859BCB0B

Buzz Hausner wrote:

> For those who still use a measuring system coming from the Middle
> Age :-), an inch is about 25,4 mm.
>
> Oh, come now!  The metric system is responsible more than anything for
> the decline of civilization since the Napoleonic Era.  If we resurrect
> the firkin, rood, and fortnight and dump those silly metric measures
> peace and prosperity would spread across the world and every
> photographer could afford Leica lenses!

Of course that might solve the problem of war and conflict, but who
knows.... The Plague could hit us again!

Bernard.

- --------------B51FE0382A80FF3A859BCB0B

<HTML>
Buzz Hausner wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE><FONT SIZE=-1>For those who still use a measuring
system coming from the Middle</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=-1>Age :-), an inch is about 25,4 mm.</FONT>

<P><FONT SIZE=-1>Oh, come now!&nbsp; The metric system is responsible more
than anything for the decline of civilization since the Napoleonic Era.&nbsp;
If we resurrect the firkin, rood, and fortnight and dump those silly metric
measures peace and prosperity would spread across the world and every photographer
could afford Leica lenses!</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE>
Of course that might solve the problem of war and conflict, but who knows....
The Plague could hit us again!

<P>Bernard.
<BR>&nbsp;</HTML>

- --------------B51FE0382A80FF3A859BCB0B--