Subject: RE: [Leica] Noctilux users please sound off
From: "Jorg Willems" <jorg@trusted.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 18:14:35 -0400

Jim,
I use the M6/Noctilux constantly for available light B&W photography
assisting my wife at weddings.  Because of the small DOF I needed to
practice, practice, practice, until I got so used to it that it became some
kind of standard lens for me.  Yes, I use it often at f5.6 and f8 or even
smaller but every picture that I take adds more experience in using the
lens.
I like to use the lens with the grip because it gives it a nice balance.  I
wish I could use it with the grip AND the Abrahamsom rapid winder but that's
not possible (yet).  My cousin is a gifted mechanic and he might add me a
grip to my rapid winder.

The lens has helped us many times in dark churches where it was not
permitted to shoot during the ceremony (I always ask the church director or
priest for permission demonstrating to them how the camera and lens works).
I am using TMAX400 pushed to 800 which is fine enough grain to crop and
enlarge to get a nice 8 by 10 print of the father kissing the bride, etc.

I own the lens for at least 5 years and I never have regretted it.  Don't
work too hard to 'rationalize' the purchase.  For me it was one of those
things that I always wanted, like visiting Nome in Alaska.  I did both and I
got hooked on both.
Fortunately my wife understands ...

Jörg