Subject: RE: [Leica] tape?
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 18:39:14 +0100

I have a lens (can't remember whether it's my 35 or 50/1.4) who's serial
number is 2345673. I keep wanting to have the 3 re-engraved into an 8 to
make the numbers special!
Not really, but I did read some years ago about the English collector, Jack
Newton who persuaded Leitz to sell him the very camera and lens which bore
those numbers, (i.e. 2345678).
there's dedication for you...

Jem