Subject: [Leica] Flash for R7
From: drodgers@nextlink.com
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 13:34:44 -0700

After a long a patient wait I finally found an R7 to purchase.  I've been
looking for an R body for some time and as luck would have it I stumbled upon
one. It's dealer demo, which the dealer had forgotton they had.  Based on my
experience over the past several months R7s are both hard to find and very much
in demand.

I'm replacing an SL. Or more correctly relagating the SL to a backup role. It's
a great body with a great viewfinder, but I needed a modern exposure metering
system. All of my lenses are 3-cam. I bought them anticipating a newer R body.

Now that I have the R7 I'm wondering what to do regarding flash. I have an SB-25
and a small Vivitar that I currently use on my M6. I have a fairly extensive
Contax SLR system which I'll now be selling and the flashes in that system are
proprietary to Contax.

I want a small flash that I can carry in my bag for fill if needed. I also want
a flash that is powerful -- along the lines of the SB-25 -- in case I need it.
Though I probably won't carry it all the time. I doubt if one flash will fill
both needs (small size and lots of power). Or is there such a beast. I'm not
averse to buying two separate flashes. Right now I'm just looking for feedback.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave